How to Configure the Internet E-mail Information Service for Outlook
Click here for
outlook error codes and what to do about them
You may want to print out these instructions before
You must properly configure the Internet E-mail information service
to send and receive messages with Microsoft Outlook. Use the following
steps to configure the Internet E-mail information service:
Part 1. New accounts
- Start Outlook.
- On the Tools menu, click to select E-mail
- In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click to
select the Add a new E-mail Account option, and then click Next.
- In the Server Type dialog box, click POP3,
and then click Next
- In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, enter the
required information by using the following guidelines: see part 3.
Part 2. To
change account settings for the new email server:
on Tools, then Email Accounts
View or change existing email accounts and click Next
your current mail server and press Change
- See part 3 below - Log on information.
- Change your user name only. You do not need to change your
password to connect to the new email server.
Log on Information
- Your Name: This should be your full name.
- E-mail Address: email@example.com
- User Name: This is your entire e-mail address:
- Password: You select your password.
- You may check the box to have Outlook remember your e-mail
if you are online Click Test Account Settings. This is a new
capability in Outlook 2002+. This feature calls a dialog box that
displays, in a step-by-step manner, each phase of testing the
configuration that you have just input. The following occurs when
you click Test Account Settings:
- Incoming e-mail server (POP3): mail.ncwonline.com
- Outgoing e-mail server (SMTP): Dial up accounts use
- Outgoing e-mail server (SMTP): Fiber accounts use
- The connectivity of your system to the Internet is
- You are logged on to the SMTP server.
- You are logged on to the POP3 server.
- It is determined if the POP3 server needs to be logged on to
first. If necessary, Outlook automatically sets Log on to
incoming mail server before messages are sent.
- A test message is sent. This message explains any changes
that Outlook made to your initial setup.
After the account settings test finishes
Click the "next" button on the bottom right.
Click "finish" then
restart your outlook program to begin using your NCW-Online email
Restart your computer if using an
anti-virus program that checks email for virus files.
Now you may use your NCW-Online email
account. If you encounter problems call tech support at 509-663-1124 for help.
here for Advanced information about outlook settings.